Sujet : o day while dealing with a bone bruise on his left hand. ... Jones

KAMLOOPS, B. Nike Free 5.0 Mujer Baratas .C. -- B.C. Lions head coach Mike Benevides says his team has a better handle on what makes Khalif Mitchell tick this time around. The hulking defensive tackle helped the Lions win the 2011 Grey Cup, however a series of incidents on an off the field the following season precipitated a trade to the Toronto Argonauts prior to the 2013 campaign. The mercurial Mitchell rebounded in Toronto and asked for his release from the Argos to pursue NFL opportunities this winter, but when those failed to materialized the Lions surprised the rest of the CFL by bringing him back into the fold. "I think hes a person thats matured. Hes a person thats experienced some things," Benevides said at training camp this week. "The biggest thing I see is everybody else understanding who he is. "I think hes very conscious of whats occurring and whats going on around him. What people need to know is he is not a bad person. Hes a good person." Benevides would know. He was the Lions defensive co-ordinator back in 2011 when Mitchell had his best season, compiling 33 tackles and six sacks. "I see everybody understanding who he is and sometimes you have a misconception or you dont understand someone and that sometimes creates issues," said Benevides. "Khalif is a very charismatic guy, hes a very passionate guy. He enjoys the game. His teammates and his team and the guys around him are very important to him." But it was those teammates who wanted him out the door after the six-foot-six, 315-pound Mitchell made headlines for all the wrong reasons in 2012. The league suspended him two games for violently hyperextending the arm of an opponent that July before fining him an unspecified amount for making multiple throat-slashing gestures in another game. Mitchell was then fined and suspended again for violating the CFLs social media policy after using a racial slur on Twitter. Benevides said the teams leadership group was consulted when the idea to was first floated to bring Mitchell back, and it was agreed that all parties could move on and work towards winning the Grey Cup, which the Lions host in November. "It was a long process and discussion. There was a lot of guys that I spoke to and they were the ones who said Bring him back in the room," said Benevides. "At the end of the day we all have a job to do and thats win." But while his coach has seen growth and maturity, the 29-year-old Mitchell emphasized hes still the same person in many ways. "I havent changed who I am. Even when I came back to B.C. I was like Im going to be Khalif and they were like We understand that," said Mitchell, referring to himself in the third person. "I think a lot of people dont understand who Khalif is because a lot of people only see me in football or from the negative things that Ive produced in the media." Lions running back Andrew Harris expressed delight when Mitchell was traded last year, tweeting "Good riddance!!!!" after the deal with the Argos was announced. The Winnipeg native said hes willing to move on because of Mitchells unique skill set and a hope that he has learned from his mistakes. "Khalif is a beast. Hes a guy that can help us win football games, and thats the most important things," said Harris. "All the off-field stuff that happened in the past, its just maturing from that now. Things happen with people and youve just got to move on from that and trust that there will be better judgement in the future. "Theres definitely no animosity between us. Were teammates now and were just working together for the one goal and thats the Grey Cup." Lions linebacker Solomon Elimimian added that there werent any awkward conversations when Mitchell walked back into the locker-room. "I think the guys all know Khalif, and thats the biggest thing for us," said Elimimian. "We know that hes a good guy. We know he means well. We know that hes a very bright man. But also the thing is hes a great football player and thats what we need in the locker-room and on the field." Lions defensive back Ryan Phillips said it was made clear to Mitchell upon his return that he can be himself as long as it doesnt hurt the team. "Just understand that theres consequences to mistakes," said Phillips. "Hes grown up from that. We know the dominant player he can be as long as hes focused on football." Theres no doubt that Mitchell will help an already solid defence get better. The Lions surrendered the second fewest rushing yards per game (94.4) in 2013, but allowed the second most rushing touchdowns (17) and recorded the third fewest sacks (45). Mitchell put the drama from 2012 behind him and nearly matched his 2011 numbers while playing with Toronto last season, registering 32 tackles and five sacks. "In order to be successful in our division, youve got to be very good against the run. Youve got to be big inside," said Benevides. "Hes another big, effective body that can have an impact in the interior line of scrimmage, and good teams win at the line of scrimmage." Mitchell said he never expected to return to the West Coast after his messy divorce with the Lions last year, but is ready to do what he does best -- stop the run and get after the quarterback. "I definitely wasnt expecting to come back. Im sure when they told me Good riddance and Bye they werent expecting me to come back either," he said. "Im here now and regardless of what the situation was, at the end of the day weve got to win a championship." Zapatillas Adidas Zx 750 Baratas . They were right in that they responded to coach Randy Carlyles goaltending switch to erase a two-goal deficit. Adidas Zx 750 Baratas . -- Creighton apparently has Villanovas number. http://www.airmax-zapatillas.es/adidas- … x-700.html . -- LaMarcus Aldridge returned to the Trail Blazers lineup, happy to know that things didnt go awry without him. SEATTLE -- Mariners rookie Roenis Elias has flashed signs of brilliance in the first two months of his major league career. A strong fastball. A big, bending curveball that can buckle hitters at the knees. Against the Detroit Tigers on Sunday, Elias put the entire package together against one of the leagues strongest lineups. The 25-year-old left-hander from Cuba kept Detroit off balance in throwing a three-hitter, pitching Seattle to a 4-0 win. Elias (4-4) struck out eight and walked one in his 12th major league start, and the first one to last longer than seven innings. Elias is the first Mariners rookie to record a shutout since Freddy Garcia on Aug. 24, 1999, against the Tigers. "He had all his secondary stuff," manager Lloyd McClendon said. "I thought his changeup was exceptional. He kept the fastball down for the most part. Pitched in and out. The curveball was good as well but I thought the changeup was the equalizer today." Heading to the mound for the ninth inning, Elias had to face the heart of Detroits lineup in Ian Kinsler, Miguel Cabrera and Victor Martinez. All three hitters are hitting over .300 and were facing Elias for the fourth time in the game, but he made quick work of the trio to close out the victory. "I didnt think there was much that would affect this guy as far as nerves were concerned given his situation and where he came from," McClendon said. "He didnt disappoint. He just went out and did his job. Elias recorded five of his eight strikeouts with the curveball. "When he keeps (the curveball) in the zone and guys have to respect it as a strike and then he can use it as a put-away pitch, thats when its really working well for him," catcher Mike Zunino said. The Tigers only moved one runner in scoring position, and Elias matched a career high with 111 pitches. "I was told that to have success (in the majors) you have to have command of three pitches," Elias said through a translator. "The curveball, the changeup and the fastball were all working today.. Nike Roshe Run Print Running Zapatos. ." Elias threw the first complete game shutout for Seattle since Aaron Harang on June 11, 2013, in a 4-0 win over the Houston Astros. Elias said it was only his second career complete game, the other coming in Single-A. The Tigers were shut out for the third time this season and second time on their current road trip. The Tigers have lost 10 of their last 14 games. "He had a good curveball with a good down angle. Its tough to square up on," Tigers manager Brad Ausmus said. "It was just one of those days where we made quick, easy outs and didnt really put up much of a fight. Max Scherzer (6-2) gave up four runs and nine hits in 6 2-3 innings. In his last three outings, he has allowed 16 earned runs with a 7.32 ERA. His ERA for the year has climbed to 3.20. "They did a good job hitting some pitches that were up and capitalized on some off-speed mistakes that sailed up in the zone," Scherzer said. Endy Chavez hit a leadoff double in the Seattle first and Michael Saunders doubled for a 1-0 lead. Willie Bloomquist and Chavez each singled in the third, putting runners at the corners with no outs. James Jones flied out, Saunders struck out and Bloomquist was thrown out at home plate on a double steal attempt. In the fifth, Dustin Ackley led off with a single and swiped second base. Bloomquist hit an RBI double and James singled home a run. Brad Miller homered off Scherzer in the seventh. NOTES: Seattle 2B Robinson Cano was out of the lineup for a fourth straight game. He is day to day while dealing with a bone bruise on his left hand. ... Jones was removed from the game for precautionary reasons in the eighth with tightness in his left groin. He was replaced defensively by Cole Gillespie. ... Detroit C Bryan Holaday has thrown out just two of 10 runners who have tried to steal against him. Ackley and Jones both stole bases in the fifth inning for Seattle. ... Seattle SS Miller homered for the first time since April 11 against Oakland, his fourth on the year. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '